Monday, October 03, 2005

Worst. Interface. Ever.

Problem number 1
Trying to register a new account in firefox, I would fill out the form, click submit, and it would bounce back to the login page. No error. Nothing. Try again, same problem. Ok, this must be one of the few sites out there that requires IE. It doesn't even have the courtesy to warn me using a javascript or server side browser detection. I brush the dust off of IE, and try to create the account. Now I get an error at the top of the form page that tells me the username is already in use. If you're going to use AJAX, either make it work everywhere or don't use it--it's really not that hard.

Fine. Account created. Now I want to go back to my beloved firefox--maybe it was just the creation form that was broke. I close IE, pop open firefox, put in my shiny new username and password and hit login.

Warning

You have already logged in to the secure site with another browser. Please try again in a few minutes.[1065]

Thanks for the warning. What a lame security attempt. If I try again from the same computer, you should recognize that.

20 minutes later I can login. It's not even useful, either.

No comments: